Thursday, March 31, 2016

Two Down And Many More To Go

It is March Smalls SAL check in time…
2016 Small SAL ~ March
Designer: Little House Needlework
Design: Tree Lot (partial)
Fabric: 32ct evenweave over 1
Floss: DMC

I enjoy stitching tiny designs and finishing them using the Tim Holtz pocket watch, this is finish #2. Once again I placed a few Mill Hill seed beads inside so that it looks like snow. My plan is to finish a number of these, all different designs, to give out at Christmas time.  I'm trying to be a tad more organized this year so that I am not in a mad rush at year's end.  

Designer: Little House Needlework
Design: Cardinal Winter (partial)
Design: Tree Lot (partial)

To see all of the March Smalls SAL postings go HERE.

I have been meaning to share my new portable photo studio, which was a Christmas gift. I have only used it twice, but realize that I need more practice to avoid getting shadows. It comes with 4 different colored backdrops, red, white, blue, and black.  It will certainly come in handy on those rainy, gloomy days when natural light is not an option.





Thanks for Stopping by…
Until next time…

24 comments:

Pamela said...

What cute little ornaments!

Cathy said...

Those pocket watch finishes are a great idea. Congrats on the finishes.

Unknown said...

Adding those little beads to look like snow is such a wonderful idea. It changes the whole look. Can't wait to hear all your adventures with your Portable Photo Studio Looks as if this will be a lot of fun

Daffycat said...

These are really adorable! I love the pickup truck loaded down with holiday festiveness!

Marilyn said...

So cute, what a great idea with the beads.
Have fun with your photo studio.
Marilyn

Mini said...

These are cute Smalls you stitched. It's good to be organized and stitch all year long rather than rushing it in the end.

Irene said...

wow Marie, sono bellissimi. Anch'io dovrei imparare a fare fotografie migliori

Justine said...

What a great idea for presents - the beads are the perfect finishing touch!

Vickie said...

Those are fantastic presents you created. What a neat portable photo studio. Perfect for finishes!

Robin in Virginia said...

The pocket watch for March turned out great. What a wonderful gift it will make. Interesting portable photo studio! Have a wonderful weekend.

Vicki said...

Very cute finishes! I'm interested in your Portable Photo Studio, I've never heard of it. I can see where it would come in very handy.

Julie said...

Dainty little ornaments....adorable

valerie said...

super cute pocket watch ornies! That portable photo shoot studio is a great idea!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my dear! I love that portable shooting studio...I tried to make one here at home...not good.
Your sweet pocket watches are darling!

Maggee said...

Love those pocket watch finishes... so very cute! Great job again! Cool shooting studio... Should help on any dreary days! Hugs!

Rachel said...

Love the watches! The winter tree and bunny one is cute :)

What a great idea for photos. My sister has been telling me to do something to take better photos...but I lack the time...maybe later this year :)

Brigitte said...

Marie, these pocket watches are so gorgeous. And you filled them with the prettiest tiny stitched pieces. So sweet.

Weronika said...

Lovely ornaments. The prtable studio is a very clever idea.

Carol said...

You're off to a great start with your Christmas gifts this year, Marie--both are adorable. I try, but I always seem to be one of those stitchers who is in a mad rush at year's end...

Love the idea of the portable photo studio--your smalls will look even more outstanding using this set-up :)

Amy said...

I am absolutely in love with your little pocket watch designs!!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ANGIE said...

Hi Marie, it's so beautiful finish! And I love your photo studio! Happy stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love these little watch fob finishes.

Heather said...

That is a fabulous finishing technique! Great job!

Thanks for taking part in the Smalls SAL!