Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fair and Square Exchange Blocks

I joined a great exchange called Fair and Square. With each rotation we are partnered with a different person and we exchange 3" designs stitched on a 7 x 7 piece of 32 ct linen. In addition we send a "signature" square. What each person does with these squares is up to them. Some may make a "Friendship Quilt" while others may use the blocks and make individual treasures: Pinkeeps, Tin Toppers, Pin Cushions, etc. I know of one participant who is going to showcase her squares by constructing a Friendship Book, much like the Sampler Book designed by Erica Michaels.

Rotation #1 is now coming to a close and it will not be long before we begin the 2nd Rotation. You are not required to commit to each and every rotation but I am almost certain that I will. I have signed on for Rotation #2 and am anxious to learn who my next partner will be.


Fair and Square Exchange
Rotation #1
Stitched by: Vonna

I was so excited to be partnered with Vonna for Rotation 1 (she and Annemarie were instrumental in getting this exciting exchange up and running). As many know she is a very kind, helpful, and thoughtful individual who, through blogging, has become a person that I can call friend! I only wish that she lived closer so that I could meet her in person. Well, we exchanged Friendship Blocks and I must say that I absolutely adore the square that Vonna stitched. I love the fact that the design includes the word "Friendship" ~ when I think of Vonna I really do think of friendship. Thank you so very much Vonna for the wonderful block.

I forgot to take a picture of the block that I sent to Vonna but she has it on her blog. I used a section from Victoria's Quaker by A Mon Ami Pierre.

You may want to check out Fair and Square Friendship Exchange to see more of what we are doing.

Sale, Sale, Sale: I happened onto Elegant Stitch Too where there are 4 pages of patterns on sale for 50% off.

I hope that the week ahead is filled with hours of peaceful stitching.

Until next time...

8 comments:

Anita said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and left me great compliment. I am very flattered by them. You have lots of great pieces here and the exchanges are wonderful.

mainely stitching said...

I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying the Fair And Square exchange! :D

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Marie, you are a sweetheart and I so wish we lived much closer too!
Then we'd have a big time! LOL!

DaisyGirl said...

I can't wait till the next round starts! I' have two designs in mind, I'm gonna wait this time to make sure the design fits the partner!
Donna

lena-lou said...

This is such a nice quilt square from Vonna to you and sounds so very appropriate, she is a lovely person for sure as you are yourself :-) If I'd had more time I would have joined in on this to.
Have a great week Marie!

Dani - tkdchick said...

you received a lovely block from Vonna

Julie said...

This is a beautiful block stitched by Vonna as was the one you stitched her. F&S is a great exchange and I'm looking forward to stitching a block for the next round.

Deb said...

Marie!! What a lucky girl to get Vonna as your partner!! And, thanks for sending me the get well wish...
Hugs,
Deb