Friday, May 6, 2011

HOE Quaker Ornament Received

I participated in the HOE Quaker Ornament exchange and received this beautiful ornament from Carol S.  What a gorgeous ornament that is perfectly stitched and finished! 

2011 HOE Quaker Ornament
Stitched by: Carol S.

A true bonus to receiving this ornament is that I had the pleasure of meeting Carol S. face to face at the Celebration of Needlework show in Nashua, NH last Friday.   I have been “blogging friends” with Carol for what seems like an eternity so having the opportunity to meet and spend time with her was fantastic.  Since I have moved from Texas and will be living in the northeast, I look forward to getting together with her again. Carol, thank you so much for the gorgeous ornament!
I enjoyed the Needlework show and managed to add some great items to my huge stash. I will post pictures of my purchases later.

Another highlight of my trip to Nashua, NH was meeting Carol’s friend Margaret, who I know I have exchanged with in the past. We had a great time getting to know one another over dinner.  How I wish that I could meet all of my blogging friends face to face.

Here is a look at what I sent to Carol S. for the Quaker Ornament Exchange:

My blog posts have been minimal but there is a reason, as I mentioned I am once again moving. I left Texas and am in the process of house hunting in the northeast. Yes, I have returned to be closer to my boys…Yahoo! Living 1600+ miles from them was just too difficult for me, I guess I will forever be a “helicopter mom” but I like it that way. :D


My weekend will be spent riding around with a real estate agent; hopefully yours will be a bit more exciting.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Gabi said...

Gorgeous ornament. It must have been fantastic to meet some blogging/stitching friends. Wishing you good luck with house hunting and that you'll find the perfect house soon.

Melanie said...

What great pieces!!! :)

Alice said...

Good luck with your move!

Jeanne said...

Lovely exchange Marie and I read about your meeting up with Carol on her blog. How great! I wish I could meet more bloggers out there. Hard to imagine you are moving again, seems like it hasn't been very long since the last one! Glad you will be closer to your boys though. Hope all goes well.