Tuesday, September 10, 2013

More Than Just Cross Stitch

Along with my HUGE stash of cross stitch projects I have a HUGE stash of quilting and craft projects.  The stuff is stashed in every nook and cranny of my sewing room.  I start looking for one thing and come across 10 projects that I completely forgot about.  Enough is enough...time to start working on these projects.

First up I finished this candle mat...

Christmas Candle Mat

Next, I stitched up this clever little collapsible Goin' Sewin' Tote...
Open
Twist
Close

I love this little tote.  It would be perfect to take to a quilt class or cross stitch retreat to collect all of your threads.  You use a wooden ring and a piece of fabric to construct this, that's it!  You can make it any size that you want, it just depends on the size of the wooden hoop used.

I also completed this Notepad holder

Just a Note
Inside

As well as a fun Tote Bag...


The Carry Me Bag was not from my stash but rather a new purchase that I just couldn't resist. I wanted something that would fit my long knitting needles.  Unfortunately, I was not impressed with the instructions for constructing this tote bag. I have been crafting for a number of years and know that this could have been done better. 

All of this crafting and I did not even put a dent in my pattern stash! 

I received a very wonderful RAK from my dear friend Carol S. She knows me well, she sent me a gift card to Dunkin Donuts. Yahoo: Coffee, Coffee, Coffee!


My DH and I have been taking a daily 7 mile walk.  Yesterday we detoured off of our regular route to make a stop at DD where we each enjoyed a Pumpkin Latte. I usually refrain from indulging in this type of drink but it was calling my name.  Next time I will stick to a flavored cup of hot coffee...maybe.
Carol, thank you again for this unexpected surprise. You are too sweet!


I am off to the Country Living Fair in Columbus, Ohio.  I saw an ad for this event in a magazine and decided that I needed to take a road trip...a 12 hour road trip. 

Thanks for stopping by ~ Have a great day.

Until next time...

10 comments:

Robin said...

What a wonderful assortment of fabric projects you have created, Marie! Do you have more information (directions or pattern) for the collapsible tote?

Robin in Virginia

Kaisievic said...

Great projects, I particularly like the travelling ORT tote.

Heather said...

I love all of your projects, you are so busy! The little bucket is really cool, I like that one :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Three hours more and you could see me :)
Love ALL of your crafting!

Jennifer Fritzen said...

Cute projects!!! I would love to learn to sew, or sew again. I used to (not well) when I was younger. I always see such lovely projects - like yours, and wish I could do them again.

And next time you go to Dunkin Donuts, try the blueberry coffee. It's my favorite!

Tammy B said...

Yes please ort pattern just love it!

Melissa said...

Wonderful projects, Marie! I'm sure that's just a little dent in your stash.

Have fun at the CL Fair!

Brigitte said...

Oh Marie, all these projects that you finished are so great. I love each and every one of them.
And I know what you mean when you speak about this kind of stash. Lately I opened a long forgotten box and what did I find? Kits for quilted pillows, bags and similar things that I once bought at a craft fair - and then forgot about them. Hmmm, I will have to empty the box by finally starting (and finishing) all these things.

Deborah Schander said...

I love that little twist tote!

Mdm Samm said...

YOU really AWE me...your stitching is very lovely..