Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Birthday Wishes and a SAL Update

A dear friend of mine celebrated her birthday recently and I stitched this up for her as a birthday gift….

Designer: By The Bay Needleworks

Not long ago she moved to Virginia Beach into a beautiful home on the water.  When I saw this design I knew immediately that it would make the perfect birthday gift for her.  To my shock and amazement I stitched it up, framed it, and was able to hand it off to her at my DS wedding…which was two weeks prior to her birthday.  

Let me share with you another recent finish.  I stitched this for my DS/DIL and displayed it on the name card table at their rehearsal dinner on July 10th. 



I love the french knots, made with thin ribbon and the beading…



I was a bit preoccupied for a few months before the July wedding.  As a result I failed to post a monthly update on the two SAL that I participate in.  Fortunately, life has returned to normal and I am happy to be able to post the 2015 Smalls SAL for July.  These little Sled Ornaments are such a quick stitch and an even faster finish…

Designer: Foxwood Crossing

These will be added to my stash of gift ornaments that I will be sending fellow stitchers in December. 

I am hosting a Halloween Exchange on the HOE blog so if you are interested in signing up you must do so before August 10th when sign ups close.

Thanks for stopping by…
Until next time…


17 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Your bride and groom piece is just beautiful and I know the happy couple loved it! And your friend must be thrilled! blessings, marlene

CalamityJr said...

The wedding design is gorgeous! Love, love your stitching!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful bride and groom piece you stitched! Congratulations on getting your friend's birthday gift stitched, framed and given before her birthday. I really like the little motifs on it.

Robin in Virginia

PS Love the little sleds!

Stitching Noni said...

I love the wedding gift! What a great design and a beautiful gift to be treasured by the happy couple!
Hugs xx

Vickie said...

Spot of the Bay is gorgeous. What a fantastic gift.
What a great wedding sampler.
Your new profile picture taken in Milwaukee is wonderful.

Carol said...

Love, love, love that Spot of the Bay piece, Marie--I'd never seen that chart before. Not only would it be fun to stitch, but it was also make a great gift for a friend of mine (or my sister who has a beach condo)... And the bride and groom are darling with all the little beads and ribbon accents--I love the way the bouquet is done. I'm sure Meg and Garrett will treasure it :)

Sheryl said...

Beautiful stitching. Love 'The Wedding Tango'. Just perfect.

Magiczny Świat Krzyżyków said...

Cudowne prace! Panna młoda z koralikami i kwiatami wygląda wspaniale!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great seaside gift for your friend. The wedding sampler is gorgeous too. I bet you are really good at those ribbon knots after doing so many! They do look lovely.

butterfly said...

What a lovely post , I love the wedding stitching and the seaside gift you stitched.

Anna van Schurman said...

LOVE your Spot of the Bay. I am going to buy the pattern Right.Now!

Maggee said...

Hmmmm... I live in Virginia Beach, and now I am wondering who your dear friend is, and if she has latched on to any stitching buddies yet! Love the Spot of the Bay piece... I can see stitching many of the motifs for small gifts too! Multi-purpose pattern! The wedding piece will be treasured for sure! Your pictures of the really cute little sleds remind me that I was given a couple of them to use this year... gotta remember that! Hugs!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The spots on the water finish is stunning Marie! Impeccable! I adore your little sleds too :) The Wedded Couple is wonderful! I bet it stole the show! Well besides the two sweet people that were actually the real bride and groom!

Brigitte said...

Two wonderful gifts. I love that Spot of the Bay piece, it shows so many lovely details. And the wedding piece for your son and DIL looks gorgeous.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

The spot sampler for you friend is darling; I love all the little motifs! The bride and groom stitching is adorable, too. It looks so very French ~ Ooh La La!

The little sled finishes are super cute and will be fun to bring out during the holidays. Great job on catching up with your SALs.

Hazel said...

Ahhh I have found your blog! Lovely stitching. Will have a proper browse through. xx

Beth said...

Spot of the Bay is amazing!