Friday, April 4, 2008

Just another Gadget ~ VoHRH SAL~ Meet Paula

In my last two post I mentioned a wonderful woman named Paula C. Paula and I have been in a few exchanges together and I must say she is a wonderful cross stitcher and a super lady! I am so very happy that she has found the time to start up her blog, Needles, Hooks & Paperback Books ~ such a clever name! Stop on over and welcome her to the world of blogging!

Oh how I love gadgets!!! I am always on the lookout for items that will make tasks easier and faster. Todays gadget is the Stitch Converter by LoRan.


Stitch Converter - Gadget Give-A-Way

"No more complicated calculations for material size and thread count - the Stitch Converter is helpful in figuring the material size for your projects and assists in determining the material count for a required finished size. Simply dial in your numbers and read your answer."


I keep this handy little gadget in my cross stitch basket. When I need to figure out the fabric requirement I can easily reach for it, turn the dial and quickly determine how much fabric I need. It lists fabric size for 11/12/14/16/18/22/32 count. Sure you can do this with a calculator, some can do it in their head, I prefer doing it with a quick twist!


While running errands yesterday I stopped in a small needlework shop in Westport to picked up a few things. This is where I originally purchased my Stitch Converter, when I saw it I decided to do two things:

  1. Write a GADGET POST on my blog
  2. Purchase one for a "Blog Gadget Give-A-Way"

So, if you are a "Gadget Queen" and would like to give this a try just comment on this post and I will draw a name... if your name is selected I will mail it off to you ~ it is just that simple!


My trip to Texas, fun as it was, set me back on my VoHRH SAL stitching. I am trying to get back on track and hope to complete block number 6 by May 1st. Here is a progress picture:

VOHRH SAL - Block #6

Thanks for stopping by, I am always glad that you do!


Until next time...

19 comments:

Courtney said...

I would love a new gadget!! I love your blog and your stitching is amazing!!

Becky K in OK said...

Oh, I would love to add this to my gadget basket. Count me in.

Kathy said...

That sounds like a great gadget. I don't mind using the calculator, but this sounds like it would make things much easier.

Block 6 is coming along very nicely. I need to get back to mine and get block 4 done. 5 Should be easier since it does not have a lot of solid stitching.

Like the the little girl sketch picture on your blog. She is very cute.

Dede said...

This would be a big help!!

Thanks for offering it and giving the info on it. If I am not the lucky winner I will be looking for one of these when I go on the our local shop hop in May!

Heather said...

That's a cool gadget :D Sign me up!

Love you VOHRH block, I am partial to horses though :D

cathymk said...

I am a gadget Addict too! I'd love to be in the draw!

Love your progress on the Village - it's such a beautiful design!

xeyedmary said...

I found your blog thru someone else's (can't remember who right now) and I'm enjoying reading- your stitching is beautiful!
Please count me in on the Great Gadget Giveaway- thanks!

Lady Kaos said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile and never commented because the only blog I have is one for my dog. I have started posting cross stitch and other art stuff on Fridays on their though. Anyway, I would LOVE to be entered in the drawing. Two nights ago that thing would have come in VERY handy! After getting frustrated with trying to do it on my own, I went to my world's slowest computer and the world's slowest internet connection to find a converter on line.
Hilary

Michele said...

Marie, I'd love to be included in the gaget drawing .. looks like a fun useful tool :)

Block 6 is coming along nicely :)

welcome home!

Paula C. said...

Thanks for the nice comment and shout out for my blog =)
I love seeing the progress on the VOHRH. I think I want to stitch Shores of Hawk Run Hollow someday. I love my stitch converter and use it all the time! Aren't gadgets fun? I don't need to be in the draw since I already have one, but that is a great idea for a giveaway. I am sure that whoever wins it will be thrilled!!!

Anne S said...

I'd love to go into the draw for this awesome gadget! I always do my calculations online, then get stuck when I don't have access to the internet ... and maths has never been my strong suit! Even if I don't win the prize drawing, I think I'm going to have to buy one of these, it looks like a "must have"!

BTW, your blog is great - I've been lurking for a week while now, and always enjoy my visits :)

staci said...

Oh I love gadgets! In fact, I'm still on the look out for a cording one! Please count me in!

Jen said...

The block is coming along very well. It is very cute.
I would love to be entered into your gadget drawing.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I would love to be included. I wanted to say thanks for the Barbara Ana site.Exactly what I was looking for

Sonda said...

I'd love to be included in the drawing...if I don't win, I'm gonna find me one of these!!

Cathy B said...

I've never seen a gadget like that; please put me in the drawing!

VoHRH is looking great!

Hope you are having a good week!

Michelle said...

You are the Gadget Queen! What a handy thing to have in your stitch basket :)

Have a great day.

Michelle

Wanda said...

That would be a handy gadget count me in! Ohh look at your Village I wonder where I put mine??

Erica said...

Hi Marie!
That gadget is just what I need!
I would love to win!
Please add my name to you list.
Love your site!
Erica