Friday, May 15, 2009

Time Flies

It seems like yesterday he was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...



And on Sunday he will be graduating from college!


I will be heading off to Pennsylvania today to attend my son’s graduation from Villanova University this weekend. It is so hard for me to believe that he is graduating. It seems like yesterday that we were taking a campus tour and discussing how impressed he was with the University. Then again, it seems like yesterday that he was eating that sandwich!


I am truly looking forward to seeing both of my sons. I have never lived so far away from them and am not liking that too much. Fortunately, the younger one will be returning home for the summer and I could not be happier. The older one has a new job (close to NYC) and will remain in the northeast. Now that he is graduating what are the odds that he will ever return home? Slim, I know.


I do not expect to get much stitching done since I will be busy helping him locate an apartment and moving…yes, more moving! I did pack my HEAD stitching in hopes of making a little progress on that huge design. I am not certain when I will be returning home; it will depend on how fast he gets an apartment.


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and as always I thank you for making time in your busy day to stop by!


Until next time...

17 comments:

Gabi said...

You have the very same problem I have. I gave birth to my daughters JUST yesterday. Ok...may be it was a week ago. But not longer then couple months ago...I swear. These kids don't listen and grow up way too fast!!! There should be a law against that.
That picture of your sons is priceless. Soooo cute.
Wishing you heaps of fun and good moments to spend with your sons.

Jen said...

What a cute picture. It is amazing how quickly time passes. Congratulations and I know you will enjoy your visit with your son. Have a great trip.

Anna van Schurman said...

The weather here is supposed to be stormy all weekend, clearing Monday. (I'm just down the road a bit from Villanova.) Congratulations and good luck!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Marie, I WISH you nothing but a wonderful sunny, bright weekend :)
What handsome little boys you have, and I know they must be handsome young men! Thinking of you! Congratulations to you, for to achieve such success, he had the BESTEST mother and father :)

Natasha said...

Wishing you a fun filled visit...My mom always said that it was hard having me leave home but knowing that she raised a repsonsible person who could thrive on her own in the world made it all worth it.. This was all said while she was crying of course.LOL

That picture is proceless by the way :)

Take Care

Julianne said...

Marie,


Congratulations to your son and to you, and your husband. I hope you all have a wonderful celebration.

I wish you safe travels.

Missy Ann said...

Congrats to your son!

Kathy said...

That photo provides a very loving memory of a time just a few days ago, right? What a great picture. Have a fun weekend at graduation and enjoy your time with your son in is hunt for his new home. Hurry back to us.

Michele said...

Oh I love that photo of the boys! Congratulations to you and your son on his graduation! Hope the weekend is filled with lots of joy for you and not too much moving! lol

Daffycat said...

That is an awesome picture of the boys eating sandwiches. I love it!

Congratulations to the graduate!

Von said...

Marie, I totally understand how you're feeling!
Congrats to your son on his college graduation and best of luck finding an apartment. :)

Siobhán said...

Awww, what a cute picture! Congratulations to your son--you must be so proud! Good luck getting everything sorted with the moving, etc., too!

mainely stitching said...

It's no fair that when we've done our jobs well as parents, it means that our kids are secure enough to move away. There should be some other reward! LOL.

Congratulations to your son on his graduation, and best wishes with his upcoming job!

Julie said...

Congratulations to your son! May you have a great time visiting with family and may you have no trouble doing yet another move! At least this time, he gets to do all the unpacking!
I love that picture for so many ways. Their smiles, the sandwiches, those JEANS! I remember those jeans!!!

Cindy F. said...

OK, that picture is just too darn adorable!!
Congrats again to your ds! I know you're going to enjoy your visit with boy your boys:)

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Congratulations to you and your son, have a great time. CJ ok;-)

Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful!