Monday, July 6, 2009

And The Winner Is…

On July 4th I used Random.org to draw a name for my 4th of July Give-A-Way and then immediately started stitching the person’s initials onto the almost completed piece. On Sunday I spent much of the day working on the finishing and am happy to announce that the winner of this Blackbird Design Thread Keeper is…

Michelle H.
Congratulations Michelle, please email me with your mailing address so that I can get this in the mail to you!

I received these very festive blocks from Melita D. who was my Fair & Square partner in the 4th of July round. Thanks so very much Melita, you did a fantastic job on these great squares.



Here are the squares that I sent Melita:


I am happy to say that both of my sons have arrived safely in the northeast. They traveled 1,677 miles in 3 days, stopping in New Orleans, North Carolina and NJ. When I drove down here this past February, it took me 5 days but then again I was making essential stops at quilting and needlework shops along the way. I am certain that they passed right by these! They are now safe and sound in the northeast and they are both greatly missed here in the south.

Thanks to all those that make time to stop by my blog, I am always glad that you come for a visit and look forward to your return.


Until next time...

12 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Beautiful finish for Michelle and the squares both sent and received are great. CJ ok;-)

Siobhán said...

Michelle will treasure that--it's beautiful! Love the exchange squares, too.

Michelle said...

Oh my!! Marie, I sent you an email and I'm still jumping up and down with joy! I can't believe how lucky I am...

Your exchange squares are so festive! Love them too :)

Michelle

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Look how pretty :)
I'm glad the boys are safely home...I know you miss them...

Katrina said...

Gorgeous exchanges Marie! Hope you are completely settled in Texas. Glad your sons made it safely back too.

Cindy F. said...

Congrats Michelle!! Awesome prize!

Love your F&S exchanges!! How does it feel to stitch Texas?!

Your new blog look is so pretty and love the banner piece! Happy to hear your boys arrived home safely!

Michele said...

love the new blog look!!!!

Congrats to Michelle :) I got a tad excited when I saw Michelle, thinking it might be me .. but it's the wrong last name .. lol :)

sooo glad the boys made it safely northeast .. you mean they wouldn't stop at needlecraft stores in honor of their mom? lol!

Lula said...

Lovely exchange Marie. And congrats to michelle

Kajsa said...

Beautiful squares. And your BB give away is so pretty too!

Babs said...

It looks really nice :D

Deb said...

MARIE!!!! I just love your BB giveaway piece! It's darling. Lucky Michelle. And, your site is all dolled up for a patriotic July. Love it! I saw your gifts to Vonna, too, and how wonderful they were. She loved them. What a fabulous idea. You are really hitting a stitching stride, Marie!!! :]
Hugs, Deb

Chris said...

The thread keeper is beautiful. And I love the Patriotic blocks you received.