Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two Beautiful Exchanges Received

I am so glad that I signed up for Becky’s Ornament Exchange; it is an ongoing exchange that runs for an entire year. My second ornament arrived from Donna this past Friday and I must say that it certainly made my day! I truly love the design and the finish on this one. I love how Donna tucked some tulle and adorable Christmas lights into the cone shaped ornament!


2009 Ornament Exchange from Donna

Thank you so much Donna, I can hardly wait to hang this beautiful ornament on our Christmas tree.
Here is the ornament that I stitched for Tracy:


2009 Ornament Exchange for Tracy
Designer: BBD
Design: Quaker Medallion Strawberry
From JCS 2006 Ornament Edition

After spending the entire weekend scrapbooking, I was glad to get home and feast my eyes on Cross Stitch. Waiting for me was a large envelope from Kerstin who was my partner in the final round of FTT Seasonal Fall Exchange. I was so excited when I opened the package and found all of this:



Kerstin stitched a fun design on some ginger type fabric then finished it into this great little pillow. She sent me two pieces of neat cross stitch fabric in my favorite fall colors, a large cut of cotton fabric that compliments the cross-stitch fabric perfectly, two skeins of hand dyes threads (such gorgeous colors) and two new patterns for my stash. What a way to finish this year long exchange with a very talented group of women. Thank you so much Kerstin for this amazing exchange, I love everything that you sent and I adore my new decorative pillow.




I must thank Cathy for organizing the FFT Seasonal Exchange and for inviting me into the group. It was one of my favorite exchanges and I feel so blessed to have received beautiful exchanges from four talented, generous and sweet women. Thank you to Kerstin, Brigitte, Moni and Gaby!


Here is the Exchange that I sent to Kerstin:

2009 Seasonal Exchange Fall for Kerstin

I must confess that I stole the finishing idea from Brigitte who sent me this beauty:


2009 Seasonal Exchange Winter from Brigitte


I do believe that I taxed my brain a bit too much this weekend trying to figure out color schemes and page layouts for my scrapbook. I am also feeling a bit sleep deprived so I must end now so that I can rest and maybe stitch a bit.


I will share a Scrapbook page with you before I end:



Have a great week~

Until next time...

6 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

you have some wonderful cross stitch pieces. Love the swap you did.

Unknown said...

Beautiful exchange pieces.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

ALL your exchanges are VERY lovely no matter if you gave or received! GORGEOUS!
And your page is inspired and gorgeous too! You go girl, ye of multi-talents :)

Katrina said...

All the exchanges are gorgeous! I especially love the Strawberry :-).

Brigitte said...

Both ornaments look so great.
I also love the little pillow that Kerstin stitched and finished for you. And the witch on your treat bag for her is just gorgeous. You were welcome to use the idea. But it wasn't mine but the little bag was on the picture of Fanci That's pattern. I will use this idea again because I love these little bags.

Deb said...

What fabulous exchanges, Marie. I love them all! You do the best! :]
You really did a cute Mickey page, you know.