Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stitchy Pictures To Share


It is hard to believe that there was a time when I would participate in 30+ exchanges per year.  Today, that number has dropped significantly but I wish that I could say that my personal stitching has increased, it has not! What is wrong with me?


I do miss the excitement of meeting all the exchange deadlines and the joy of opening packages with great anticipation. I had the opportunity to do this when Joan's package was pulled from my mailbox.  Here is what I gently unwrapped:


2012 FTT Red Exchange
Designer: Blackbird Design
Stitched by: Joan S.


How gorgeous is that??? Really beautiful.  From the design… to the stitching… to the finishing… to the hand dyed chenille trim… Even the note card is perfect. Yes, I am impressed and extremely grateful for the time and effort that Joan put into stitching the beautiful exchange piece. Thank you so very much Joan, I will display it proudly and view it often.


I stitched for Jill in this same exchange and here is what I sent:


2012 FTT Red Exchange
Designer: Casa Mia
Stitched for: Jill F.


I was initially going to finish this as an ornament but I did a lot of ornament finishing just before Christmas so I decided to do something different.  I decided to make a Scissor Pocket and am happy with how it turned out.  It was also nice to change things up a bit, I hope to do more of that in the future.


Today I received my HOE Santa Ornament from Ellen.  She selected a design from one of my all time favorite designers, Mary Garry. What a beautiful ornament:


2012 HOE Santa Exchange
Designer: Mary Garry Sewing Studio
Stitched by: Ellen








Thank you Ellen!!! I love this design, it put a huge smile on my face the very minute I laid eyes on it.  Thanks for the great trim as well.


My HOE Santa Ornament arrived in Edgar's mailbox so i am free to share a picture of it with you:


2012 HOE Santa Exchange
Designer: Heart In Hand
Design: Wee Santa 2004
Stitched for: Edgar




The Santa face fabric was perfect for the finishing on this ornament. I must say this is a favorite design of mine; I love the small Merry Christmas tin stencil.  I keep saying I will stitch this for my tree so I have added it to my 2012 "To Stitch" list.  I must place an order for more of those adorable tin stencils because I used the last one in my stash.


Let me share some pictures of some of the Ornaments that I rushed to complete before Christmas:







Yesterday these beautiful flowers were delivered to my house from my DS's:




What a wonderful Valentine's Day surprise and so very sweet of both of them.  Thanks you so much G/D, you made Valentine's Day VERY special.


I also received these beautiful flowers from my DH:




As well as this delicious chocolate/raspberry cake:




Great big thank you to all three of you!


I can hardly believe it, I moved back to the northeast from Texas with great anticipation of a snow filled winter where I would spend much time skiing on the beautiful mountains in Vermont only to find that THERE IS NO SNOW… yet (there is still a little time left and I have hope). 



Until next time...

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aren't you completely bummed about the utter lack of snow? I am convinced we're going to have a White Easter!!

Love, love, love the ornaments. So pretty.

And the flowers are GORGEOUS - good job, boys!

Becky K in OK said...

Love all your exchanges and finished ornaments. Your flowers are beautiful and the cake looks so scrumptious!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Wonderful ornaments and exchange gifts.

Deborah said...

Beautiful ornaments and wonderful exchanges!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Just found your blog.

Beautiful exchanges.

Your ornaments are lovely. I love doing ornaments.

Very pretty flowers too.

Ellen said...

Glad that the Santa ornament arrived safely! Your ornaments are beautiful, love them!

Gorgeous flowers!

Hugs,

Mama Joan said...

I am glad you like the Red Exchange. Nice ornies:)

Shirlee said...

Such great stitchings & gifts! Love that Mary Garry design : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Beth said...

Such pretty ornaments and great exchanges - I can't believe you ever participated in 30 exchanges a year - you must be extremely organized and a dedicated stitcher!

Katrina said...

Love all the ornaments and stitched gifts!!!! Pretty flowers and cake too. So nice to see a post from you :-).