Monday, February 11, 2013

A Few Stitchy Things To Share


Given my renewed love for Shepherd's Bush designs I jumped at the opportunity to participate in the SB Ornament Exchange with the HOE group. Since Lynn received my exchange I am free to post a picture. 

HOE Shepherd's Bush Ornament
Designer: Tina Richards
Design: Christmas in X-Stitch ~ GIRL
Stitched for: Lynn

This is an older SB design from 1989, which is about the time that I was an avid Shepherd's Bush fan who frequently stitched models for a LNS in Texas.  Some of the designs I stitched for the shop included:


If there was a SB model to be stitched I was the go-to person.  Wow, 16 models that I would love to have hanging in my house today.

My younger son graduated from college this past May. To commemorate his accomplishment I stitched this sampler...

Designer: Blackbird Design
Design: Petites Lettres Rouges

The Freebie Sampler pattern can be found here.

There is a sterling silver charm of a graduation cap and 2012 stitched on the sampler.


In 2009 I stitched the same sampler for my older son using the University colors...


They are displayed next to one another on my sampler wall.


2012 was spent stitching on a number of small projects so 2013 will hopefully be the year that I dedicate more time to stitching two of my large projects:


Prairie Schooler Alphabet

I am moderating an exchange on the HOE Blog so hop on over and see if you would like to join in the fun. 

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to stop by.

Until next time...

5 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your stitching is lovely. The SB ornament is so sweet. Good luck with your stitching plans for 2013.

Julianne said...

Marie,

Your ornament for Lynn is simply perfect in every way! Do you find the circular finishes a challenge? Yoursis so well done, I would love to know your secret.

Catherine said...

Lovely stitching!! I love the pieces you made for your sons ~ they went to school in my neck of the woods!

Ellen said...

Love your SB's ornament! The finishing is gorgeous!

Beautiful samplers for the graduates!

Hugs,

Carol said...

Love your ornament!