Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's So Small

So very, very small and so darn cute!!!  I love stitching over one.  I love the finished look but it can be hard on my eyes.  

This is what I stitched for Karen K. for the HOE Halloween Ornament round #3.  I snapped this picture as I was stitching the tiny cording...


Once I completed the stitching I decided to finish it into an actual lined stocking.    For a moment I did fear *messing up* and possibly destroying the stitched piece. Fortunately, I do not mind working *small* and it was not difficult.

2014 HOE Halloween Ornament Round #3
Designer: BBD
Design: Tis Halloween
Stitched for: Karen K.

Given the size of the stocking I needed a small scale print for the backing/lining and was able to pull this piece from my quilting stash. The tiny cording was made using black pearl cotton #12. Despite the size it all went together quite easily and, as I stated earlier, it is so darn cute!


Thanks for stopping by and...

Until Next time ~ remember:


"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it but that it is too low and we reach it."
Michelangelo

18 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh, that is soooooooooooo cute.
Great finish.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your finished stocking is adorable!

Robin in Virginia

Melissa said...

Marie, this is just GORGEOUS! I admire over ones a lot as I have trouble with them now and this is such a cutie! Well done!

Carol said...

Oh, how cute is that!! I just love tiny finishes and this one looks perfect, Marie!

Carol said...

Adorable :-)

Blu said...

It's adorable! I'm in awe of your ability to finish such a tiny thing. Kudos!

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! I would have had a hard time giving something that cute up!

Ellen said...

A beauty, love it!

Hugs,

Brigitte said...

It's so small and so cute. A wonderful finish, congratulations.

Becky K in OK said...

Love it, love it. I know Karen must have jumped for joy when seeing it.

Von said...

Such a beautiful, tiny finish!! Great job, Marie. :)

Vicki said...

Wow, that is so cute! I love the fact that it's an actual stocking. Wish my eyes would let me see to make a small project like that... oh well, maybe I'll ask one of my daughters to make me one, they have young eyes! haha

Jeanne said...

It's adorable Marie! What a treasure your exchange partner will love it. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Michele said...

that stocking turned out adorable! Hope you are well :)

valerie said...

Super cute Marie! I am sure that Karen loves it!

Stitching Noni said...

Oh what a cute little stocking!
Well done :) It is absolutely adorable!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! Beautiful and oh so tiny!

Andrea said...

A beautiful finish. Small size but big on impact.