Tuesday, December 2, 2014

An Abundance Of Holiday Stitching

I just mailed off some stitching/finishing work that I did for a wonderful woman in SC.  She had planned to stitch these for her friends but, like many of us this time of year, fell short on time.  They are such cute little ornaments that are stitched on perforated paper and mounted on adorable miniature sleds. 


Design: Snow Country Sleds

There are three designs:



I am confident that her friends will like them!

My personal Christmas ornament exchange arrived from Shirlee H.  I was away for the Thanksgiving holiday and was excited to return and find her package in my mailbox.

Here is what she sent:
2014 Ornament Exchange 
Designer: Nicky's Creations
Design: Faith
From: 2014 JCS Ornament Issue

Isn't it wonderful?  It is nicely stitched and perfectly finished!  Thank you so much Shirlee. Your ornament will look beautiful on my Christmas tree.

Here is what I sent to Shirlee…
2014 Ornament Exchange 
Designer: Blackbird Designs
Design: Floral Gift
From: 2010 JCS Ornament Issue

I managed to stitch a small turkey design and attached it to an Annalee Pilgrim Doll before heading to my cousin's for Thanksgiving.  This, along with the Thanksgiving His and Hers stockings pictured in my previous post, is what I presented to her as hostess gift. 


2014 Thanksgiving gift for Karen
Designer: DMC

Unfortunately, the Thanksgiving Nor'easter prevented my younger son and his GF from spending the holiday with us.  Luckily, we were able to change his flight from Denver to Maryland so that he and his GF would not be alone over the holiday. They did send us pictures of their Thanksgiving together, which was nice but it would have been SO much nicer had they been able to join us. 

I sent his GF a fall table runner, which is pictured below:


And, after receiving these pics of my DS helping set up "C's" tree:



I decided I should stitch her a Christmas table runner, which I mailed today:


I love the whimsical Christmas fabric in the center:


My DH is traveling to Barcelona, Spain and then will head to Germany. He asked if I would like to join him, but I declined.  Wonder why I chose not to take such a trip?  I have a really GOOD reason that I will share with you in my next post ~ hopefully early next week. I am SO excited!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks for stopping by...
Until next time ~ 

8 comments:

Beth said...

What a pretty ornament exchange and a lovely table runner.

Marilyn said...

The ornaments and tablerunners are all so pretty.
Love that little Pilgrim doll.
Can't wait to see what you are going to post next.
Marilyn

Becky K in OK said...

You've been a bzy girl. The little sleds are so cute. Ms. SC stitcher is amazing. Love your exchange ornaments. The table runners are fantastic as is your little pumpkin. Hope you took a few moments to have a great cup of coffee!

Carol said...

I always know I'm in for a treat when I see a new post from you, Marie!! All those sleds--amazing! I'm sure your client's friends will be thrilled. And you and Shirlee both made each other such beautiful ornaments--I need to stitch both of those next year :)

So glad your son and his girlfriend were still able to be together even though not with you--I can well imagine your disappointment... They are such a cute couple and your runners are so beautifully done.

Oh, I'm excited to read about your upcoming news--sounds exciting!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a darling couple:) And her runners are so beautiful! I have one of those runners myself made by your talented hands and I adore it!
Those sweet sleds :) GOOD JOB!
I love the ornaments from your exchange.
and I bet I know the reason you're staying home! As I've looked and read the link you sent me the other day about 50 times!!!

Andrea said...

Wonderful ornaments and table runners. Those sleds are just so cute.

Margaret said...

What a bummer that your younger son and his girlfriend couldn't come up for Thanksgiving because of the nor'easter. I was worried that my DS wouldn't make it too, but he did. Whew! Love all your finishes and exchanges! Nice pics of your son and his girlfriend too. Such a nice tablerunner you gave her!

Catherine said...

I am loving catching up on your posts!