Friday, May 4, 2007

The Potting Shed

I recently participated in an exchange on the USEBB titled: The Potting Shed. An appropriate design quickly came to mind: The Potting Shed, by Shepherd's Bush. Once I learned that I would be stitching for Katrina I knew that this would be perfect. Having read her blog I knew that she was a fan of Shepherd's Bush.
I did not stitch the entire design, I merely took bits and pieces to come up with this:



Although I had never tried it before I decided to finish it into a notepad holder:



I added a few more items and sent it on its way...



Katrina emailed to let me know that she received my exchange...Glad that you liked it!

7 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

PERFECT Marie :)
You did a wonderful job ;)

Annemarie said...

Hi Marie, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around before, but you seem to be rather new in Blogland :o)
I love your projects though!!! Especially the samplers for your sampler wall. A sampler wall is one of my dreams.
Vonna and I are setting up a blog for the Friendship Quilt Squares. Watch our spaces!

Wendy said...

Lovely work on your Potting Shed exchange. And brilliant idea to make it into a notepad holder! I always love to see how people finish things.

BeckySC said...

Marie, I didn't know you had started a blog! HOW wonderful :)
Your exchange as is all your work is beautiful!!
Have a nice weekend.

Karin said...

Wow - what a great exchange! I love the idea of finishing it as a notebook holder.

Deb said...

OMG!! You're the Marie that stitched this for Katrina??!! It is a knockout! So beautiful. I first saw it on her blog. Just a gorgeous piece, Marie.
Deb

Amy said...

I love this piece, you did a wonderful job! Can't wait to see what's next! :-)