Monday, April 6, 2009

“Is This Trash?” He Asks

As he stands in front of me holding this opened, and almost emptied, book box...


My eyes bulged, my heart skipped a beat, and my blood boiled as I spat these words, “OMG NO, that is not trash, that’s my completed cross stitch pieces!” And this my friends is what could have easily been discarded…



He, my husband that is, meant no harm ~ he was trying to be helpful. You see as I open boxes I tend to leave a small one for trash or items I no longer want and he thought he would be helpful and bring the box outside to pile with all of the others. Can you imagine sending these off for rubbish collection? I am not sure my marriage would have survived that. :D

All is well these lovelies are safe in my sewing room, a place that he does not enter. I did not realize that I had so many completed projects that needed finishing!

Yesterday was a very nice mail day. I received this beautiful exchange from Nic who stitched for me in the FTT Drawn Thread Exchange. She stitched a gorgeous scissor fob and a floss tag:


Friends Through Threads
Drawn Thread Exchange
Scissor Fob and Floss Tag
From Nic

In addition, she sent some wonderful extras: a fat quarter, some ribbon, folding scissors, a note pad and some seed beads. Nic also sent a very nice card wishing me well in my new home and when I opened it I found the leaf buttons and flower bud; so very thoughtful.





Thank you so much Nic for the wonderful exchange, you certainly brightened my day!


I recently complete a Sheepish Design titled: Pray For Me. I stitched this one for my cousin but I have not decided how I will finish it. I would like to find a nice wooden box and mounted it on the top but if I cannot find one then I will frame it.



My friend had her first grand daughter so I made her this quilt and I also made this little door hanger but I forgot to post a picture of it.


Recently I sent pictures of Little Lily to my son who sent me a text to say that she looks so much older, she has grown fast as you will see but she is still cute as ever.


Lily at 8 weeks ~ too cute!

Lily at 10 months ~ still too cute!

With that lovely picture, I will end this post! Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and for your comments I do enjoy reading them.

Until next time...

25 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my heaven's Marie, I think I would have had a heart attack :o)
Those are all LOVELY and GORGEOUS finishes...you need to get on that finishing!
And my oh my...look at the lovely DT exchange you got! GORGEOUS!

And that dear Lilly...what a pretty princess she is...why I think Ellie and Lilly could maybe stay in the room together, they are so sweet and royal :)

Gabi said...

Trash??? Even my heart missed a beat by the thought of it. I'm with Vonna - these finished pieces are gorgeous. Lovely exchange, and Lily is adorable. She looks like a little princess

Anonymous said...

Lily is too cute! Love that bow in here hair too :)
You are so lucky your husband actually asked you if that was trash and didn't just trash it - still, it was a close call!

Julianne said...

Marie,

I don't think your husband looked into the box before he asked the question. I'm glad that nothing was tossed.

Your dog is very cute!

I hope all is well with you. I haven't heard from you in a long time.

Katrina said...

Glad he asked! I would have had a fit if I were you :-).

Love all your finishes and the exchange is so pretty.

Lily is a sweetie!

Sonda said...

I know what you mean when you say you don't know if your marriage could have survived that! ;o) I know my husband would have had years in the doghouse...lol. Glad he asked first, though and all is well. You have made so many beautiful things!

Kathy said...

OMG, I would have had a coronary, had that been me. Do you think he knew all the time what was in the box and he did it just to get you upset? Not a funny joke, right?

Lovely stitching and gifts you received. You are an enabler. I might have to add that Sheepish Design to my stash.

What a pretty girl, Lily is. How do you get her to pose so nicely?

Paula C. said...

Thank goodness he asked first!!! I got queasy just reading that! Lily is adorable. What size box do you need? I recently acquired several very nice cigar boxes and would be happy to send one to you.

staci said...

What a smart man for asking first!!! Thank goodness your beautiful stitching was saved!

mainely stitching said...

I feel all panicky and short of breath just THINKING about all that stitching being thrown away!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet is Lily?! (my dad has a Yorkie and he's spoiled!!!) I can't imagine having my finished projects thrown out...You've got some great pieces in there! Love the exchange too!

Marnie said...

I can see the headlines now, "Emergency Rooms overrun with stitchers - helpful husbands to blame!" I think we've all had our scares.

Lily is a sweet baby girl!!! Kiss kiss kiss (dog voice)

lena-lou said...

Phew thank goodness he asked !! Nice lot of finishes and your little dog is too cute :)

Carol R said...

Glad you rescued your stitched pieces!

Great exchanges and finishes.

Lily is a beautiful little dog - love her hair bow!

Michele said...

your trash is much nicer than mine! lol .. I'm sooo glad your DH asked :)

Lily is definately very cute!

Unknown said...

OMG! Trash!?? I am so glad he did not just toss them out with the rubbish. I think I would die if DH did that to me, LOL. Lily is absolutely adorable! Love the pics of her

Anita said...

I am glad that your dh did not put your precious stitched pieces into the trash. I have been very busy and we have so much to catch up on. I am wondering what part of texas are you in now. I will email you soon. Have a wonderful Easter holiday.

Kajsa said...

Nice save! Wow, that would have been devestating.

Your finishes are so pretty!

Remy said...

Marie,
Your marriage might not have survived, but there'd be a whole lot of happy people down at the dump! It'd be Christmas at the Recycling Center!
Remy

Von said...

I think you need to find another container for your finished pieces, Marie!!

Little Lily is a beautiful puppy! Wish my Fritz would pose that nicely for me. :)

Ruth said...

OMG TRASH??!??!?!? Ack. Ok, trying not to hyperventilate. He did ask. Good boy for asking. Good boy for helping. but trash?>????????

I'm glad you have them in a nice safe home now. lol

Deb said...

Marie...I want to shake your hubby for failing to recognize your beautiful stitching!! Is he kidding!!?? I think all of us would have written notes of grief for you if that box had been thrown out! I'm hyperventilating!! Meanwhile, I love the little "pray for me" sampler you stitched. It's just darling. Love the pinks! Hugs, Deb

Kit said...

Yikes, he is a lucky, lucky man for checking first! Lily is beautiful.

Siobhán said...

GASP! Can you imagine if he had NOT asked?! You have some beautiful pieces in there, and I love your Sheepish finish, too! Lovely exchanges as well. Your Lily is adorable!

Loved your blog. :)

Natasha said...

good thing he asks before tossing thing :) Lily is a cutie pie
Natasha