Friday, November 29, 2013

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Almost Christmas

With Thanksgiving behind us the mad rush towards Christmas begins!  I already have the stockings hanging from the mantel and expect to get our tree very soon.  Christmas will be here before you know it!

Today however, it felt like Halloween.  I picked up the mail and was excited to see that Amy's Halloween exchange arrived.  It's a beauty....


2013 HOE Halloween Ornament Round #1
Designer: Lizzie Kate
Design: Boo To You
From: JCS Sept/Oct 2012
Stitched by: Amy

This is such a great design with the perfect finish.  I love the ruched ribbon trim and, having recently ruched 10 yards of ribbon, I can appreciate the time spent on this exchange.  



Thanks again Amy, your wonderful ornament look great on my Halloween tree!

Here is a pic of the Ornament that I sent to Lily...
2013 HOE Halloween Ornament round #1
Designer: Prairie Schooler
Design: Trick or Treat
Finish: Small Treat Bag
Stitched For: Lily

I decided to finish the ornament into a tiny Halloween treat bag.  

I recently posted Halloween Ornament Round #2 sign ups on the HOE blog so check it out if you are interested in participating.

Each Thanksgiving my family spends the holiday with my relatives.  I always try to stitch something to share with them.  This year I decided to make these candle mats...


2013 Thanksgiving Gift
Designer: Carriage House Samplings



2013 Thanksgiving Gift
Designer: The Primitive Hare

When things settle down I would like to spend some time making a few for myself.  Scented candles are often burning in my home so I could use a few candle mats and I really do like the idea of combining cross stitch and quilting.  They do not require very much fabric, they are relatively quick to make, and, unlike a large bed quilt, these are small enough to machine quilt with my Bernina.  

Thanks for stopping by and...

Until Next time ~ remember:

Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.
-Marianne Williamson

My Joy


3 comments:

Jannie said...

Hi Marie - the pictures are not showing up.???

Catherine said...

Great Hallween exchanges and I love your mats!! Sweet picture of your "joy"!!

Andrea said...

Lovely exchanges. Your candle mats are just wonderful.