Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Quick Little Finish Of A Cute Little Sled

A quick post to show the completion of April's 2015 Small SAL

Designer: Lizzie Kate
Design: Sled Dudes

After stitching and finishing 15 of these sled designs for a friend in SC, I decided that I needed to stitch a few for myself.  These are such a fast stitch (on perforated paper) and can be quickly mounted on the sled. They are truly adorable ornaments!

A thoughtful, sweet friend in Georgia sent us a box of these delicious pecans and taffy from Dickey Farms


I especially liked the chocolate covered pecans. Look how large each one is…


It did not take me long to finish off that bag. Ugh, no will power. The peach taffy is delicious as well. 

I can't wait to receive the Georgia peaches in June!!!  

Late last week I received notification that I did get into the Travel With Meagan class at Celebration of Needlework in Nashua, NH on Friday~ Yahoo!  

With warmer temperatures and more sunny days the weather seems to be improving. It's doubtful that we will experience any additional spring snow.

Thank you for stopping by…
Until next time…

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely sled

Marilyn said...

Cute sled!
Oooooh, Pecans!
I friend of mine goes back home to Mississippi to visit every year and brings back Georgia Pecans.
They are sooooooo good.
The choclate ones look even better. lol
Glad you got into your class, that looks like a cute project.
Have fun!
Marilyn

Irene said...

oh è bellissima la slitta con babbo natale

Vickie said...

The sled is adorable.
Yum, yum!

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad you were able to get into the class; what a great class project! Your sled ornament is cute!

Robin in Virginia

Dani - tkdchick said...

That LK sled/ornament is adorable! Congrats on the finish!

Carol said...

I am hopeless when it comes to any kind of nuts, Marie, so I would have gobbled those pecans right down, too!

Your sled finish is darling--need to try a few of those myself :)

Have fun at the class--I look forward to hearing all about it!

Marexstitch said...

Cute ornament, LK designs are hard to resist.

Pamela said...

Nice ornament!

Deb said...

Great sled!
The pecans look delicious!

*Wisher* said...

I love the sled Marie.. they look so cute.. great for the Christmas Tree

Sheryl said...

Pretty sledge design and those choco pecans mmmmm

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute finish. I would have eaten the whole bag of taffy first. ;)

Angela said...

Congrats on a lovely finish!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Cute sledge and well done on getting a place in that class. I presume it is a very popular one?

Sparky said...

ohhhh this is delightful, makes my heart sing

Weronika said...

What a delicious post. Beautiful piece for smalls sal.

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely little finish.
I hope you had a lot of fun at Nashua.