Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gorgeous Pinkeep

I participated in a Pinkeep Exchange with the Prairie Schooler group and received this beautiful Pinkeep from Anna. I had requested a Fall/Halloween design so this is truly perfect. Anna stitched this on 40 count Lakeside Linen (a real favorite of mine!) using WDW and Gast Threads and she used Gloriana silk ribbon on the finishing. Anna, you did an amazing job on the stitching/finishing of this Pinkeep; it is gorgeous, and I shall treasure it!

Prairie Schooler Pinkeep
Stitched by Anna


Anna also included some fun fiber trim, a bead container and a very tiny pincushion that is adorable. I often make “smalls” so I can appreciate the work that went into this. Thank you for such a wonderful exchange.

PS Pinkeep Exchange



Anna mailed her package from Norway and I am sorry to say that she encountered a problem when mailing. I am very happy that her exchange did not get lost and that it arrived safely at my house.




I have seen this award on a number of blogs and, thanks to Paula,I am able to post it on my blog. I appreciate the nomination Paula, and please know that the feeling is mutual. Blogging has certainly changed the learning landscape. We all seem to have that innate desire to express ourselves in significant ways to create, to learn, and to share. I am thankful for all of the amazing “stitching” blogs and find it impossible to select just five so I must bestow this award on each of you. I would also like to thank you all for inspiring me with your outstanding creativity


I will leave you with pictures of the latest visitors to my backyard feeders.


AND A CLOSE UP...



I hope that your weekend brings endless hours of creative stitching!


Until next time...

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely pinkeep! Love the wildlife pictures too :)

Hannah said...

That's a very nice exchange! Marie, what is that critter above the rabbit picture? I don't think I've even seen one of those before.

anna s. said...

So glad you liked the pinkeep! I love the pictures of the animals! We had a visit of a roe deer last night, our doggie went nuts seeing it :)

Rachel V said...

I love bunnies!! A gorgeous pinkeep from Anna, she did a fabulous job. Congrats on your award!

Andrea said...

Wonderful pinkeep from Anna. Love the photos.

cathymk said...

What a beautiful pinkeep!

Katrina said...

What a gorgeous pinkeep! Love all your birdfeeder pics too :-).

Stephanie said...

That is a truly gorgeous pinkeep you received from Anna!

staci said...

A beautiful pinkeep Marie! Congrats on your Kreativ award...you definately deserve it! I also love the block you stitched for Karen's NRR, lovely :)

Paula C. said...

Beautiful pin keep!!! You sure do get lots of critter visits. My cats would go crazy!

Carol R said...

Congratulations on the Award - well deserved!
Lovely pinkeep from Anna

Daffycat said...

That really is a gorgeous pinkeep! Well done, Anna! Congratulations on the award, it's well deserved...I love your blog!

Is that a groundhog???

Suburban Stitcher said...

Very pretty pinkeep! I love the cornucopia!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely pinkeep! Love the pics too.

Cathy B said...

Hello Marie - I always enjoy seeing your pictures of the wildlife in your yard.

You received a beautiful pinkeep from Anna too!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That is a GORGEOUS pinkeep!

Michelle said...

Hi there,
What a pretty pinkeep! I gave you an award and it looks like you already have it! Oh well, you deserve it!

Michelle

Kathy said...

Fantastic pinkeep.

The squirrel visits you so much that he is almost a member of the family. You might have to claim him as a dependent on your taxes.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's a beautiful pinkeep!

Julianne said...

Hi Marie,

I've been thinking of you this week. Your pictures of critters inspired me to put up a bird feeder in the backyard. I really enjoyed sitting with my coffee this morning just observing the birds.

The pinkeep Anna made is really lovely. I also saw the ornament that you did for Staci. AMAZING!

Sonda said...

Definitely a wonderful pinkeep. Love that wild turkey picture. He's cute in an ugly sorta way.

Lennu said...

What a pinkeep! Such a lovely design and great finish. I love the backyard photos too, even though I have no idea what this lovely critter is :)

Julie said...

Have you figured out what he is? My first guess is a woodchuck, but I'm not really certain! Beautiful visitors to your feeders!
I love your pinkeep!

Ulla said...

What a great exchange!