Friday, July 18, 2008

Wishes Do Come True.... AND The WINNER Is..

Two wonderful wishes arrived... As a participant in the MAW exchange I requested a Biscornu and my wish was granted by Gaby. How lucky could I get since Gaby is known for her Biscornu talent. I was so very happy to open her envelope and find this gem!



She even impressed me with her packaging. I opened the little gold bag and my eyes danced when I saw both sides of this biscornu.




Make A Wish: Biscornu from Gaby

This is so very beautiful and the workmanship is amazing! Gaby, you have managed to select the perfect design and the perfect color ~ I love my new Biscornu and cannot find enough words to adequately thank you. You really did make my wish come true, thank you so very much I shall treasure it!


I had requested a Biscornu because, like many others, I have never made one and for some reason they look as if they would be difficult to make. Yes, many have assured me that they are not difficult but I figured it would be better if I had one in front of me while I attempted to do the finishing. Now, all I need is the time!


Lucky me, a few months ago I had received some handmade "scrubbers" from Paula and once I used them I was hooked. I was not sure if these little things would really work, but they do and they have become a "must have" gadget in my kitchen. They are particularly useful in cleaning my Pampered Chef Stoneware pieces ~ the ones that you should not use soap or detergent on and that should not be washed in the dishwasher. I use them all the time and what's nice is you can wash them. I liked them so much that I asked Paula if I could order some from her and here they are...


Scrubbers made by Paula

I got a bunch so that I could give some to friends. Thank you Paula!

As promised I am posting the winner of the Ultra Bright Book Light Gadget Give-A-Way. Thirty-eight comments were posted and using Random.Org comment number 20 was selected as the winning number.

THE WINNER IS

Julianne



Congratulations Julianne!!! Please email me. :)


I do hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. We are in for some very hot days here in the northeast so I will most certainly remain inside stitching on some exchanges.


Thanks for dropping by!

Until next time...

18 comments:

Jenn said...

Gaby did a beautiful job on your biscornu. Very pretty.

Andrea said...

It's a beautiful biscornu. I love the colours.

Michele said...

what a lovely biscornu Gaby stitched for you!

and what fun scrubbers .. if ya got to scrub, you might as well have color :)

Daffycat said...

Oh, lovely biscornu! Yes, they are so easy; you must try!

Cute and fun colored scrubbie pads!

Congratulations to Julianne!!!

mainely stitching said...

Love your scrubbers! I bet they make dishtime much more fun. And what a lovely biscornu you received. :D

Lynn said...

That biscornu is so pretty! I've not attemted one yet either even though I've been assured they're easy. I'm new to finishing and just did my first pinkeep. One thing at a time!
Those little scrubbers look interesting. I've never seen them before.

Rachel V said...

Lovely biscornu! I have never made one, either. :) Cute little scrubbers, they do look useful!

Julianne said...

Marie,

The biscornu you received is lovely. What a great surprise that I won the light. That's going to be great for stitching! Thanks so much.

Wendy said...

Lovely biscornu!!! I haven't tried one yet either but I have a great little pattern for one. Those scrubbers look so cute, its wonderful that they are so useful too.

Sharon said...

Beautiful biscornu! Congrats to Julianne. I love the little pot scrubbers-very cute.

staci said...

Very pretty biscornu! I should really try making some of those pot-scrubbers~~wonder what kind of yarn she uses? And congrats to Julianne :)

Kathy said...

Love the scrubbies. I shared with my sister and niece and now I am being badgered for more. I got them from a lady at church. Now I am going to have to start making them.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely biscornu Gabby made! Like what others said, biscornu finishing is not so hard. I'm sure you can make one, then another one and another one, and so on, lol! It's addictive.

Sonda said...

Congrats Julianne! The biscornu is wonderful and I LOVE those scrubbers. I need to find some for myself.

Einschies blog said...

Marie, I am happy you like your Biscornu, it´s the second one*lol*...I wasn´t as pleased as i should with the first one...
And I can´t believe there are so many of you who are afraid of trying this kind of finishing, it´s soooo easy, I am not in love with my sewing machine so Biscornus are the perfect finishing for me;-)) You really should try them, oh I wish I could show it to you in real life;-))))

Gaby

Stephanie said...

Love the biscornu that Gaby stitched for you - now you can use it for inspiration and make one of your own :)

Michelle said...

Hi Marie,
What lovely gifts! I've never attempted a biscornu, which is not surprising since I have trouble making cording! LOL!!

Congratulations to the winner of your contest as well.

Michelle

Julie said...

Gabby's biscornu is beautiful!
I love these little scrubbers. I try picking up several in September at Cider Days to stick in gifts at Christmas. Who couldn't use one of them?!?