Monday, May 31, 2010

Scissor Keeper Exchange

I participated in a Scissor Keeper exchange with a small group of stitchers and here is what I stitched for BeckySC:

Designer: The Cat's Whiskers
Fabric: 36ct Edinborough Linen, Flax
Threads: Threadworx Overdyed Pearl 12 "Very Berry"
Stitched for: BeckySC


What a perfect design for this exchange! The word Scissors is stitched in 4 languages: 

Ciseaux = French
Forbici = Italian
Scissors = English
Tijeras = Spanish

I was able to stitch a portion of the design and mount it on a small wooden box.  I love how this turned!

I will be heading out at about 7:30AM (just 6 hrs from now…I need to get to bed!) to begin my 1600-mile trip to New York, NJ, MA. Little Lily (6# Yorkie) will be the perfect road companion, quiet and sweet. I will be attending a HS graduation party in Massachusetts, which will give me the opportunity to see many of my relatives, I will get the chance to see a dear friend in NJ, and I will help my son move into his Manhattan apartment. I'm not sure when I will be returning home, probably at the end of June so this will be my last post for a while.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come on back in July. :)

Until next time...

11 comments:

jane said...

Enjoy your time away!
What a beautiful (and unusual) idea for a SAL

Brigitte said...

Oh wow, what an exchange piece. It's gorgeous, and so appropriate. Becky will love it.
Have a good trip and enjoy your time away.

Catherine said...

Your finish is stunning! Love it!! Becky is a very lucky lady!

Have safe and memorable journeys!

Faye said...

Becky...that is beautiful~~ congrats~~ Faye

Anna van Schurman said...

Like that scissors box!
I hope your son's Manhattan apartment is nothing like my first Manhattan apartment--5th floor walkup! Good luck.

Missy Ann said...

Have a safe & fun trip!

The scissor box is amazing, congrats on a fabulous finish.

lynda said...

saw this on Becky's blog and just love it! What a very clever idea for the SAL.
Have a safe trip...you'll be in my old stomping grounds...enjoy!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous! Have a safe and fun trip :-).

Julie said...

Marie, enjoy your visits with family and friends. Take some road pictures to share with us upon your return.

Michele said...

Have a great road trip!!!

Jeanne said...

What a cute box Marie - Becky is one lucky recipient for sure. Your finished quilt turned out gorgeous - I sent the link to a friend of mine who is making that same pattern but in different colors. Congrats on your finishes and hope you a great trip!