Sunday, May 23, 2010

So Glad To Say It's Done

WAHOO! The quilt is back from the quilter and is complete, except for the label that is. I spent last night applying the binding and as soon as I finish this post, it is up to the sewing room to make the label. Here it is in all its glory…

It's Done!
College Quilt for Connor
Design: Shimmer

WAHOO! Primitive Wizard of Oz is stitched and framed, in record time I might add.

It's Done!
Designer: Midsummer Night Design

WAHOO! Scatter Seeds of Kindness is complete. Okay, the stitching was completed in 2001 (no, this is not a typo ~ it has been stashed in a drawer for 9 years) but it is finally framed.

It's Done!
Designer: Mary Garry
Design: Scatter Seeds of Kindness

Mary Garry designs may well be my favorite!  Seeing this one framed makes me want to immediately stitch all of the charts that I have in my collection.  Although I probably will not do this, I am moving some of them up on my "to do list".

I got my son to hang both on the sampler wall. Here he is in action:


Naturally, he had to do a bit of clowning around. Yup, made me laugh!

I am happy to say that he follows instructions well and returned the pictures to their correct position.

It is difficult to get a decent picture but here it is:


Just when you think that life can’t get any better, the mail person delivers this…

HOE Early Christmas Exchange
Designer: BBD
Design: House on Holly Hill
Stitched By: Sadie

Sadie had my name for the HOE Early Christmas Exchange and stitched this beautiful ornament! I immediately recognized that it was a design by BBD (one of my very favorite designers). Thank you Sadie, it will make a wonderful addition to my Christmas tree!

I hope that you are all enjoying your weekend.  It is rather hot and humid here in Texas so I shall remain indoors and stitch.

Until next time...

16 comments:

Catherine said...

What lovely things! Love your sampler wall!

Suburban Stitcher said...

Lovely quilt, and I'm very jealous of your sampler wall! How wonderful to have all those lovely samplers in one spot :)

valerie said...

The quilt looks awesome! Your framing came out great...and the sampler wall is lovely! How sweet of your son to help you hang them in place.

Beautiful ornie from Sadie...I love that design by BBD. :)

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Love your sampler wall and the picks where they were hanging funny....that made me laugh!!!
Your quilt is awesome too....one day I'm going to brave it and try to quilt too but right now I'm just cross stitching.....but love it!

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Lynn Bourke said...

Love the quilt and your sampler wall! Cute exchange piece, too!

Alice said...

I love the sampler wall and that quilt turned out so nicely! Lucky kid.

Nic said...

Fabulous finishes!

Katrina said...

Wow, your sampler wall is gorgeous! Love it :-).

Dani - tkdchick said...

Omg that quilt is just spectacular!!! I love stars! Look at those fantadtic framed pieces and sampler wall!

Heather said...

Hi Marie! Your quilt looks so awesome, I love the colors. I am sure that it will make a great gift. It must be nice to have your son home for the summer, good thing you are putting him to work, he has got to earn his keep :D

I like your sampler wall, that is perfect!

Deb said...

I just love, love your quilt! It looks wonderful!

And congrats on all your stitched pieces - love that Wizard of Oz piece and the Mary Garry piece as well.

And love your sampler wall too. I bet it's fun to look at all the wonderful things you've made every time you walk by it.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well my dear, you never disappoint :)
LOVE THE FRAMED pieces!!!
And your DS...he's a joker! Is this your engineer?

Julie said...

Hi Marie! Your sampler wall is beautiful with all your completed pieces framed and hanging on it. Do you have another wall you will start filling in or do you switch the pieces out?

Teri said...

What great finishes! The graduation quilt is such a wonderful gift, and I love seeing the sampler wall. Nice!

Raven/Missy said...

The quilt looks beautiful, I love the color and design.

The framing of Wizard of Oz and Seeds of Kindness look great also. I love how the frames add to the pieces instead of distracting from them.

Your sampler wall is fantastic! Your son has a great sense of humor, made me laugh!

The ornament Sadie made for you is beautiful! It will certainly make your Christmas tree special this year. :)

Sherry said...

I love your quilt and your finishes! What a beautiful wall you have! I am jealous! The ornament is adorable too.