Wednesday, May 28, 2008

4th Of July Exchange ~ Stitch Pink

I just love the Fair & Square Group and am so very happy to be a member. Thank you Vonna for all that you do to keep this group active and successful.

I have participated in each round, 1-7 thus far, and have joined in on my first "holiday theme" round (4th of July). My partner, Diana, is so very sweet and generous. She selected a great Lizzie & Kate design. Let me say that her stitching is perfect, she uses the railroad method of stitching. As many know, this method slows you down but it will help the strands of floss to lay side-by-side instead of twisting.


Diana also included some fantastic extras: LHN pattern, ribbon, needles, patriotic fabric and buttons! Thank you so much Diana for everything! I do hope that you are able to start a blog someday soon so that you can share your beautiful work.



Fair & Square 4th of July Exchange

Stitched by: Diana J
Designer: Lizzie & Kate

Here are the squares that I sent to Diana:

Fair & Square 4th of July

Designer: Heart and Hand

Design: Olde Glory

Have you visited the Stitch Pink blog yet? Stop on by her wonderful blog dedicated to breast cancer awareness, you can enter her contest as well!

I feel as if I have not left this computer all day so I am must end now and get a few things done.

Thanks so much for your kind words about the college quilt, it is just too bad that I can't send the quilt off to college and keep my son here at home...he will be missed!


Until next time...

13 comments:

cathymk said...

Lovely exchanges!

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful exchanges! You both have excellent taste!

I hear you about sending the quilt to college and keeping your son. LOL!

Michele said...

wow, great exchanges! you both picked wonderful designs :)

Julie said...

Beautiful blocks!

staci said...

Really cute exchanges~~congrats!

Jenn said...

Marie I've been meaning to e-mail you about the msg you left on my blog. Yes I did have a cat named Misha but she pass earlier this year.

The quilt you did for your son is beautiful! Congrats on the finish.

Sharon said...

Both sets look great! I like the patriotic theme.

Michelle said...

Marie,

I love your stitching exchange - I need to stitch something for the 4th of July... Lizzie Kate would be perfect!

Michelle

Ruth said...

Wow! Congrats on lovely squares -- both coming and going :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hey....I do it because I like too ;)
AND what lovely squares! It's easy when you have members like you ;)
HUGS!

Kathy said...

Both fair and square exchanges are great. Love the patriotic stuff. That fabric that you sent out is gorgeous. Love it. Always looking for good patriotic fabric.

Spending too much time on the computer cuts into the stitching time. LOL!

Lennu said...

Pretty squares! I so much enjoy seeing all these Fair & Square exchanges in blogs, even though I don't have time to participate. It's such a lovely idea!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.